Artisan Body Lotion
This is a finely crafted very light, smooth and hydrating body lotion with a luscious aroma of Nag Champa, Jasmine, Vanilla, and Sandalwood.
- 1% dilution ratio for 8 ounces of body lotion
- Melt butters and add oils to a double boiler
- Blend water based and water soluble ingredients and keep separate
- Allow the butters and oil to cool slightly and then add the water based/soluble ingredients and blend with a stick blender
- Once the lotion has emulsified add in the fragrance and essential oils and blend well before pouring into airless pump bottles
- Hydrolyzed Oats are a water soluble form of hydrolyzed whole oats consisting of hydrolyzed carbohydrates. It is used to improve skin creams and lotions and gives them a soft velvet-like feel on the skin.
- Honeyquat is a conditioning agent and humectant that adds moisture to water-based products. It is derived from honey and is an excellent addition to lotions, creams, and hair care products.
- Aloe Vera Juice provides wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce skin inflammation. It is also very cooling to the skin.
- Cucumber Extract is an additive with skin soothing properties and is used in soaps, balms, salves, lotion and hair care recipes.
- Vegetable Glycerin works as a moisturizer to help keep the skin hydrated and radiant. It also works as a cleanser and toner.
- Sunflower Oil is often used in recipes to treat psoriasis, eczema, dry skin, or damaged skin. It is a lightweight oil that can be used as a massage oil. It is good for oily skin and all skin types.
- Evening Primrose Oil is used for dry skin, eczema and minor skin irritations. It is great for the skin and hair and is said to reduce the effects of aging. Good for premature aging, dry and devitalized skin, psoriasis, eczema.
- Apricot Kernel Oil is very gentle and is ideal for sensitive skin and safe for children. It can be substituted for sweet almond oil. It is often used in beauty products for lotion recipes and hot oil treatments. All skin types: mature, dry, sensitive, or inflamed skin. Apricot kernel oil is helpful for relieving inflammation, itchiness, and dry skin.
- Camellia Seed Oil contains high levels of antioxidants that revitalize and rejuvenate the hair and skin. It provides protection from free radicals and helps to enhance mature skin, and nourishes the complexion. It is easily absorbed by the skin without leaving it feeling greasy.
- Mango Kernel Butter has a rich, silky texture and is used for its skin softening, soothing, moisturizing, and protective properties. It is ideal for all skin types.
- Cocoa Butter is great for the skin, whether its dry or cracked it works as a deep moisturizer which is great for stretch marks. It can also fight the signs of aging and soothes the skin.
- Olivem 1000 is an oil-in-water emulsifier that comes from olives. It is an emulsifier and thickener for cosmetic and other active ingredients. It is hypoallergenic.
- Emulsifying Wax comes from naturally occurring fats and esters. It is an ideal medium for the blending of fine creams, lotions and other fluid cosmetics which contain oil and water. It binds oil and water in perfect union because it improves the consistency and texture of skincare products without leaving a greasy film on the skin. It acts as a mild stabilizer and thickener for cosmetic formulations.
- Provitamin D5 is the alcohol analog of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5). It's pH is 8-9 and is a clear viscous liquidthat is soluble in water and alcohol, but not in oils.
- Moringa Oil helps with wrinkles, acne, scars, blemishes, and age spots. It cleanses and hydrates skin with its vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids. It is beneficial for dry, irritated, or damaged skin and is light and easily absorbed into the skin. It also works to detoxify and protect the skin and hair.
- Maracuja Oil comes from the seeds of Passionfruit. It hydrates and restores moisture to skin and is a sebum regulator that helps balance skin and scalp oil. It is great on hair and irritated and inflamed skin and nails and feet. It also has antifungal properties. It also helps to diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil is used to enhance smooth glowing skin. It is also used to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Rosemary Antioxidant is a natural preservative used in handmade cosmetics, creams, lotions, and other natural products. The extract is blended with olive oil. Rosemary antioxidant contains healthy quantities of rosmarinic acid, the key compound which is essential for stabilizing the shelf life of natural body care products.
- Benzylalcohol-DHA is a natural preservative for hydrous skincare products.
- Nag Champa Fragrance Oil is based on the Nag Champa incense from India which is traditionally used in meditation. It has a sweet earthy scent, containing Jasmine, Juniper, Patchouli, Rose Geranium, and Vanilla.
- Jasmine benefits all skin types.
- Vanilla is high in antioxidants have anti-aging skin benefits that soothe wrinkles, heal damaged skin, and reduce inflammation.
- Sacred Sandalwood soothes cracked and inflamed skin conditions and benefits mature and dry skin.