Artisan Facial Lotion
This is a finely crafted very light, smooth and hydrating facial lotion with a luscious aroma of Nag Champa, Magnola, Rose Geranium, and Buddha Wood.
- 1% dilution ratio for 8 ounces of facial lotion
- Melt butters and add oils to a double boiler
- Blend water based and water soluble ingredients and keep separate
- Allow the butters and oil to cool slightly and then add the water based/soluble ingredients and blend with a stick blender
- Once the lotion has emulsified add in the fragrance and essential oils and blend well before pouring into airless pump bottles
- Aloe Vera Juice provides wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce skin inflammation. It is also very cooling to the skin.
- Hydrolyzed Oats are a water soluble form of hydrolyzed whole oats consisting of hydrolyzed carbohydrates. It is used to improve skin creams and lotions and gives them a soft velvet-like feel on the skin.
- Vegetable Glycerin works as a moisturizer to help keep the skin hydrated and radiant. It also works as a cleanser and toner.
- Jojoba Oil is ideal for both oily and mature skin. It can be used to remove makeup while acting as a moisturizer. It also can be used on your nails to improve strength and overall growth and on hair to soften hair follicles and to reduce split ends. It absorbs into your skin easily without leaving a greasy residue.
- Baobab Oil absorbs quickly and deeply penetrates and nourishes the skin, softening dry, rough skin.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil is used to enhance smooth glowing skin. It is also used to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Cocoa Butter is great for the skin, whether its dry or cracked it works as a deep moisturizer which is great for stretch marks. It can also fight the signs of aging and soothes the skin.
- Olivem 1000 is an oil-in-water emulsifier that comes from olives. It is an emulsifier and thickener for cosmetic and other active ingredients. It is hypoallergenic.
- Emulsifying Wax comes from naturally occurring fats and esters. It is an ideal medium for the blending of fine creams, lotions and other fluid cosmetics which contain oil and water. It binds oil and water in perfect union because it improves the consistency and texture of skincare products without leaving a greasy film on the skin. It acts as a mild stabilizer and thickener for cosmetic formulations.
- Honeyquat is a conditioning agent and humectant that adds moisture to water-based products. It is derived from honey and is an excellent addition to lotions, creams, and hair care products.
- Provitamin D5 is the alcohol analog of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5). It's pH is 8-9 and is a clear viscous liquidthat is soluble in water and alcohol, but not in oils.
- Rosemary Antioxidant is a natural preservative used in handmade cosmetics, creams, lotions, and other natural products. The extract is blended with olive oil. Rosemary antioxidant contains healthy quantities of rosmarinic acid, the key compound which is essential for stabilizing the shelf life of natural body care products.
- Benzylalcohol-DHA is a natural preservative for hydrous skincare products.
- Nag Champa Fragrance Oil is based on the Nag Champa incense from India which is traditionally used in meditation. It has a sweet earthy scent, containing Jasmine, Juniper, Patchouli, Rose Geranium, and Vanilla.
- Rose Geranium helps to balance the skin.
- Magnolia helps promote healthy circulation which benefits the skin.
- Buddha Wood is soothing and relaxing for the skin as well as the mind, body, and spirit.