Butter is extracted from milk fat with all of its water content removed which is unlike other essential oils, absolutes, and C02 extracts that are plant based.
- Botanical Family: n/a
- Part of Used: Anhydrous Milk Fat
- Method of Extraction: C02 extraction
- Variations: none
- Chemistry: Butters chemistry is different since it is not a plant based extract, and is comprised of: Palmitic Acid, Oleic Acid, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Stearic Acid, and Capric Acid.
- Perfumery: Used in Natural Perfumery and Skincare, also has fixative properties
- Skin: Excellent moisturizing and rejuvenating properties for the skin.
- Scent Profile: Mid note with a creamy, buttery aroma.
- Longevity: The aroma of Butter can last up to 100-200 hours.
- Fragrance Classification: Gourmand
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Blood Orange, Cacao, Champaca, Cinnamon, Clove, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lemon, Mandarin, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Sweet Orange, Vanilla, and Ylang Ylang.
- No known issues, but should be avoided in those with dairy allergies.
Products Using Butter C02
- “Flavor, Fragrance, Food and Cosmetics Ingredients Information.” The Good Scents Company, The Good Scents Company (Tgsc), 2019, www.thegoodscentscompany.com/.
- Shutes, Jade and New York Institute of Aromatic Studies. "Foundations of Aromatherapy" and "Aromatic Scholars" Aromatherapy Certification Programs and Course Materials. 2017-2019.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed., Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014.