Cajeput Essential Oil
Cajeput comes from a species of Melaleuca trees in Australia. The trees are medium-sized with papery-like bark, and white/green floral spikes.
- Botanical Family: Myrtaceae
- Other Common Names: Weeping Paperbark, Long-leaved paperbark, White Paperbark, River/Weeping Tea Tree
- Part of Plant Used: Leaves and twigs
- Method of Extraction: Steam distillation
- Variations: Since Cajeput is part of the species of Melaleuca trees, it is related to Tea Tree, Niaouli, Rosalina, and Nerolina.
- Chemistry: Cajeput is high in the oxide 1,8 cineole supported by monoterpenes (limonene) and monoterpene alcohols (α-terpineol).
- Musculoskeletal: relieves musculoskeletal aches, pains, cramps, and inflammation
- Circulatory: promotes healthy circulation
- Respiratory: support for seasonal ailments
- Skin: improves the appearance of oily skin
- Spiritual: Supports the Heart, Throat, and Third Eye Chakras with respect to love, truth, and perspectives.
- Scent Profile: Top note with a camphoraceaous and herbaceous aroma
- Longevity: The aroma of Cajeput can last up to 144 hours.
- Fragrance Classification: Herbaceous
- Blends well with: Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Clove, Geranium, Lavender, Marjoram, Oakmoss, Oregano, Rosemary 1,8-Cineole, Scots Pine, Thyme Thymol, and Ylang Ylang
- According to Tisserand & Young, Cajeput is high in 1.8 cineole and should not be used near or applied to the face of children 6 years of age or younger as it can cause CNS and breathing issues.
Products Using Cajeput Essential Oil
- Coming soon
- “Flavor, Fragrance, Food and Cosmetics Ingredients Information.” The Good Scents Company, The Good Scents Company (TGSC), 2019, www.thegoodscentscompany.com/.
- Shutes, Jade and New York Institute of Aromatic Studies. "Foundations of Aromatherapy" and "Aromatic Scholars" Aromatherapy Certification Programs and Course Materials. 2017-2019.
- Tisserand Institute. "Essential Oil Safety Masterclass." Course Materials. 2018.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed., Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014.