- (oral usage) inhibit blood clotting, cause drug interactions.
- Cinnamon cause skin & mucous membrane sensitization.
- Contraindications: May interact with pethidine, MAOIs or SSRIs, anticoagulant medication, major surgery, peptic ulcer, hemophilia & other bleeding disorders.
- Avoid using during pregnancy and lactation as it may contain methyleugenol which inhibits blood clotting and can cause embryotoxicity and it can stimulate contractions.
- Phenol-rich oils should not be used on people with skin issues such as dermatitis, or on babies or children.