- Botany: Citronella is a tufted grass with long narrow leaves, and stems that arise from short roots. The oil is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the plant and is part of the Poaceae botanical family.
- Scent Profile: Top note that has a slight citrus scent with a pleasant aroma.
- Primary use as mosquito and bug repellant
- Helps with inflammatory conditions of the musculoskeletal system
- Reduces mental or physical fatigue
- Blends well with: Cedarwood, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavandin, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Patchouli, and Peppermint.
- Drug interaction; may contain methyl eugenol; low risk of skin sensitization.
- (Oral): Drugs metabolized by CYP2B6
- Avoid during pregnancy as it can stimulate contractions.