- Botany: Damiana is a small flowering shrub native to Central and South America and is part of the Passifloraceae botanical family.
- Scent Profile: Top note with a sweet and fruity with an earthy aroma.
- Acts as a digestive stimulant
- Supports the immune system
- Gently relieves occasional headaches
- Used as an aphrodisiac
- Helps with the symptoms of PMS
- Calms and soothes stress and elevates the mood
- Provides emotional balance
- Blends well with: Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Clove, Davana, Ginger, Jasmine, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Neroli, Oregano, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Rhododenron, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Thyme, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang, and Yuzu.
- Not for use when pregnant, breastfeeding, nor with young children.
- Avoid by those with history of psychosis.
- Note: Damiana is banned in Japan