Dusk Shadows Beard Balm
Dusk Shadows is a nourishing beard balm that is moisturizing and soothing with the smoky sweet aroma of Nag Champa and Smoke Fragrance Oils with the healing benefits of Palo Santo, Hemlock, Scots Pine, Palmarosa, Frankincense, and Kumquat Essential Oils.
- 2% dilution ratio per ounce of beard balm
- Melt Beeswax, Lanolin, and Shea Butter in a double boiler
- Add Coconut Oil, Castor oil, and Vitamin E Oil after it is melted
- Add Fragrance Oils and Essential oils and transfer to aluminum tins
- To Use: Apply to face after shaving to moisturize and soothe the skin.
- Beeswax helps to create a barrier to seal in moisture while allowing the skin to breath. It is used to thicken lotions and creams. It helps aid cell regeneration and overall hydration of the skin.
- Lanolin is a waxy like butter that is best known for its superb moisturizing properties. It locks in moisture and prevents trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL.)
- Castor Oil is an excellent emollient and can be used on irritated skin.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil softens and hydrates the skin and is also recommended for sensitive skin because it is so gentle.
- Shea Butter is very moisturizing for the skin, especially dry skin.
- Vitamin E Oil moisturizes and nourishes the skin, treats stretch marks, lightens blemishes and scars, and has anti-aging properties to it.
- Nag Champa Fragrance Oil is based on the Nag Champa incense from India which is traditionally used in meditation. It has a sweet earthy scent, containing Jasmine, Juniper, Patchouli, Rose Geranium, and Vanilla.
- Smoke (Incense) Fragrance Oil is a terrestrial mid note with the aroma of burring incense.
- Palo Santo Essential Oil has a soft calming woodsy aroma.
- Hemlock Essential Oil has a soothing sweet woodsy aroma.
- Scots Pine Essential Oil has a refreshing piney aroma that helps to relieve inflammation.
- Palmarosa Essential Oil supports inflamed skin conditions and is used for dry and mature skin.
- Frankincense Essential Oil is used for mature skin, also promotes wound healing and treats inflamed skin conditions and is beneficial for all skin types, but should be avoided if you have sensitive skin.
- Kumquat Essential Oil has cleansing properties for the skin and hair.