Basic Face Cream
A lovely basic facial cream and moisturizer that will leave your skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated. This blend uses Lavender, Helichrysum, Geranium, and Frankincense essential oils.
- 8 drops of oil at a 1% dilution ratio per ounce (this recipe yields 12 ounces) You would need 96 drops total for the yield.
- Melt Beeswax, Coconut Oil, and Cocoa Butter in double boiler
- Combine hydrosols and aloe vera gelly in a bowl
- Combine other oils in separate bowl
- Add melted oils once they are at room temperature to the other oils and then add the hydrosols mix
- Put all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Yields 12 ounces of the base cream
- Rose Hydrosol enhances skin health and beauty by rejuvenating, hydrating, and softening the skin. It calms redness and any symptoms of irritation. It can also reduce the effects of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Helichyrsum Hydrosol helps to heal scar tissue and reduce the effects of skin irritations.
- Aloe Vera Gelly helps to soothe and heal the skin from irritations and dryness. It acts as a moisturizer without leaving a greasy residue and can be used to treat breakouts and skin blemishes. It has anti-aging properties and also helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- Beeswax is amazing for the skin for so many reasons. It helps to create a barrier to seal in moisture while allowing the skin to breath. It is used in DIY beauty products to help thicken lotions and creams because it is solid at room temperature. It is high in Vitamin A, which helps aid cell regeneration and overall hydration of the skin.
- Cocoa Butter is great for the skin, whether its dry or cracked it works as a deep moisturizer which is great for stretch marks. It can also fight the signs of aging and soothes the skin.
- Coconut Oil provides antioxidants that protect against the signs of aging, making it the perfect quick and easy moisturizer for your face and body.
- Calendula Herbal Oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin and for chapped skin and other skin conditions. It helps soothe the skin and reduce pain from inflammation and irritation.
- Rosehip Oil is a fast-absorbing dry oil that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots, eye bags and fine lines by soaking into the skin easily and without leaving an oily residue. It helps to heal blemishes while restoring moisture to any rough patches on your skin. The fatty acid content also contributes to rosehips ability to diminish scars and other dark marks to promote the production of new cells. Rosehip oil is high in vitamins A and E which are good for your skin. It also has essential fatty acids that promote elastin and collagen production. It's often used in beauty products such as creams and balms for stretch marks, burns, wrinkles, eczema, and sunburn.
- Apricot Kernel Oil is very gentle and is ideal for sensitive skin and safe for children. It can be substituted for sweet almond oil. It is often used in beauty products for lotion recipes and hot oil treatments.