- Botany: Fennel is a perennial flowering plant native to Southern Europe and is part of the Apiaceae botanical family. The crushed seeds are distilled for the essential oil.
- Scent Profile: Mid Note with a rich aroma reminiscent of anise giving it a black licorice flavor.
- Reduce the appearance of pores by applying a neutral facial toner on freshly washed skin.
- Helps to relieves indigestion and other digestive issues.
- Supports the lymphatic system.
- Overall digestive support including indigestion and nausea.
- Increases the amount of breast milk production
- Treats hormonal imbalances and the symptoms during PMS and menstruation
- Motivates and energizes creativity
- Supports the Sacral chakra associated with the emotions, sensuality, and creativity.
- Blends well with: Cardamom, Cinnamon Leaf, Coriander, Clary Sage, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Marjoram, Tangerine, and Ylang Ylang.
- According to Tisserand & Young: Due to its trans-anethole content, fennel essential oil should be avoided by any method of application in pregnancy, breastfeeding, endometriosis, and estrogen dependent cancers. Trans-anethole exhibits estrogenic actions and can interfere with reproductive hormonal modulation, however, it can be used to increase lactation while breastfeeding.
- Oral dosing is cautioned in conjunction with anticoagulant drugs, estrogen dependent cancers, major surgery, childbirth, peptic ulcer, hemophilia or other bleeding disorders.
- Do not use on children under 5 years old