Frangipani is a fragrant flowering tree and grows in warmer or tropical environments.
- Botanical Family: Apocynaceae
- Part of Plant Used: Flowers
- Method of Extraction: Solvent Extraction
- Variations: None
- Chemistry: Unknown
- Perfumery:Natural perfumery and incense crafting
- Nervous System: Relieves stress and calms the mind and body for restful sleep
- Emotional: promotes feelings of inner peace and self-confidence
- Reproductive: Has aphrodisiac properties
- Skin: Moisturizes dry cracked skin.
- Scent Profile: Mid note with a delicate sweet ethereal floral aroma that promotes sensuality.
- Longevity: The aroma of Frangipani can last up to 52 hours.
- Fragrance Classification: Floral
- Blends well with: Balsam Fir, Bergamot, Champaca, Cinnamon, Clove, Davana, Frankincense, Ginger, Geranium, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Neroli, Nutmeg, Orange, Patchouli, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Rose de Mai, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Vanilla, and Ylang Ylang.
- Avoid during pregnancy as it is an emmenagogue. Avoid use if suffering from epilepsy.
Products Using Frangipani Absolute
- “Flavor, Fragrance, Food and Cosmetics Ingredients Information.” The Good Scents Company, The Good Scents Company (Tgsc), 2019, www.thegoodscentscompany.com/.
- Shutes, Jade and New York Institute of Aromatic Studies. "Foundations of Aromatherapy" and "Aromatic Scholars" Aromatherapy Certification Programs and Course Materials. 2017-2019.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed., Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014.