Geranium Bourbon Essential Oil
Geranium Bourbon is steam distilled from the leaves of the Geranium plant.
- Nervous System: Uplifting and balancing during times of stress and anxiety
- Skin: Astringent for the skin, also benefits mature skin
- Pregnancy: helps with general discomfort and relaxation.
- Babies & Children : is uplifting and balancing, helps with stress, and provides skin support.
- Scent Profile: Middle note with a rose-floral, herbaceous aroma.
- Longevity: The aroma of Geranium Bourbon can last up to 28 hours.
- Fragrance Classification: Floral, Rose Floral
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Carrot Seed, Citronella, Clove, Cypress, Fennel, Frankincense, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine Sambac, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Orange, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rhododendron, Rose, Sandalwood, and Ylang Ylang.
- None known
Products Using Geranium Bourbon Essential Oil
- Arctander, Steffen. Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin. A Pathfinder Book Reprint Edition, 2017.
- Clark, Demetria. Aromatherapy and Herbs for Pregnancy, Birth and Breastfeeding. Book Publishing Company, 2015.
- “Flavor, Fragrance, Food and Cosmetics Ingredients Information.” The Good Scents Company, The Good Scents Company (Tgsc), 2019, www.thegoodscentscompany.com/.
- International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists. “PREGNANCY GUIDELINES Guidelines for Aromatherapists Working with Pregnant Clients.” International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists , IFPA, 2013, www.ifparoma.org.
- National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy. “Other Safety Considerations: Pregnancy.” National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, naha.org/explore-aromatherapy/safety#other.
- Shutes, Jade and New York Institute of Aromatic Studies. "Foundations of Aromatherapy" and "Aromatic Scholars" Aromatherapy Certification Programs and Course Materials. 2017-2019.
- Tiran, Denise. Aromatherapy in Midwifery Practice. Singing Dragon an Imprint of Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2016.
- Tiran, Denise. “Is It Safe to Use Essential Oils While I'm Pregnant?” BabyCentre UK, BabyCentre Blog, July 2013, www.babycentre.co.uk/x536449/is-it-safe-to-use-essential-oils-while-im-pregnant.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed., Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014.