Hand Cream for Dry Cracked Skin
This hand cream is specially blended to help soothe and restore moisture to dry cracked skin especially during the cold winter months.
- 40 drops for a 1% dilution ratio for a 4oz container
- Melt the beeswax and cocoa butter in a double boiler and then add the herbal infused oil.
- Pour the mixture into the blender and add water and blend until it is the appropriate consistency.
- Add to glass jar
- Once the hand cream has cooled and congealed, it is ready for use. As with most essential oils products, a little goes a long way.
- Herbal infused oils have extra therapeutic benefits as opposed to using a single carrier oil, but I would recommend using either Jojoba or Sweet Almond Oil as your base rather than Fractionated Coconut Oil or Grapeseed Oil.
- Beeswax is amazing for the skin for so many reasons. It helps to create a barrier to seal in moisture while allowing the skin to breath. It is used in DIY beauty products to help thicken lotions and creams because it is solid at room temperature. It is high in Vitamin A, which helps aid cell regeneration and overall hydration of the skin.
- Myrrh benefits the skin especially for mature and/or oily skin, inflamed skin conditions, cracked skin, and is applicable for wound healing.
- Patchouli benefits mature skin and soothes irritated or inflamed skin conditions like eczema and acne.