Honeysuckle Shampoo Bars
- Cut the oatmeal soap into small chunks so that it melts faster
- Melt the oatmeal soap base in a double boiler
- Once the soap is melted add the castor oil, almond oil, and be sure to add the shea butter last since it is particularly sensitive to heat
- Pour blend into a glass bowl and add essential oils and soap dye and blend well
- Place the silicone mold on a cookie sheet and spray with rubbing alcohol. Pour the blend into the silicone molds, it typically makes about 6 bars. You can spray it again if bubbles occur in the shampoo bars
- Put the mold in the freezer for 15 minutes and then remove and allow to solidify before use
- To use: lather soap bar on wet hair in the shower and rinse
- Melt & Pour Oatmeal Soap Base contains Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil Glycerine (kosher, or vegetable origin), Purified Water, Oatmeal, Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifer), Oat protein (conditioner), Titanium Dioxide (mineral whitener used in opaque soaps)
- Shea Butter is rich in vitamins A, E and F. Due to the vitamins and fatty acids it is very moisturizing for the skin
- Castor Oil is an excellent emollient and can be used on irritated or sensitive skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil s a good emollient and it provides a plethora of hydrating benefits and also helps to restore the skins natural protective barrier. It is high in vitamins A and E which nourishes your skin and hair.
- Honeysuckle Fragrance Oil has a light and sultry sweet floral scent.
- Cedarwood benefits the hair and promotes growth.
- Jasmine benefits all skin types.
- Rosemary ct verbenone regenerates skin and hair cells promoting growth and overall health for the scalp and hair.