Kaffir Lime Essential Oil
Kaffir Limes are bumpier than the traditional limes and are native to Southeast Asia.
- Botanical Family: Rutaceae
- Other Common Names: Combava, Makrut Lime, Thai/Indonesian Bergamot
- Part of Plant Used: Fruit Rinds
- Method of Extraction: Cold-pressed
- Variations: There are variations of Lime essential oil (both cold-pressed and steam distilled, in addition to Key Lime as well.
- Chemistry: Kaffir Lime is comprised of monoterpenes (limonene, beta-pinene, gamma-terpinene) and monoterpene alcohols (terpinen-4-ol, alpha-terpineol).
- Immune System: supports the immune system
- Digestive: supports digestive symptom relief
- Musculoskeletal: helps to relieve pain, spasms, and inflammation
- Skin: soothes irritated skin and is great for hair health and regrowth
- Respiratory: supports seasonal respiratory issues
- Nervous System: uplifts feelings of anxiety and depression
- Emotional: clarifying, energizing, and purifying for the psyche
- Spiritual: supports the Solar Plexus Chakra associated with personal will, power, and mental ability
- Scent Profile: Top note with a fresh citrus aroma
- Longevity: The aroma of Kaffir Lime can last up to 20 hours.
- Fragrance Classification: Citrus
- Blends well with: Frankincense, Jasmine, Jasmine Sambac, Lemongrass, Plai, Rosemary ct camphor, Ylang Ylang
- Can cause skin irritation. Too strong to use with young children on their faces and skin.
Products Using Kaffir Lime Essential Oil
- Arctander, Steffen. Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin. A Pathfinder Book Reprint Edition, 2017.
- “Flavor, Fragrance, Food and Cosmetics Ingredients Information.” The Good Scents Company, The Good Scents Company (TGSC), 2019, www.thegoodscentscompany.com/.
- Shutes, Jade and New York Institute of Aromatic Studies. "Foundations of Aromatherapy" and "Aromatic Scholars" Aromatherapy Certification Programs and Course Materials. 2017-2019.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed., Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014.