- Botany: Lemongrass is a perennial grass with aromatic leaves and is part of the Poaceae botanical family. Lemongrass essential oil is distilled from the leaves and woody stalks of the lemongrass plant.
- Scent Profile: Top to mid note with a strong and lemony scent.
- Can be used as a mosquito repellant
- Combats sluggish circulation and varicose veins
- Supports a compromised immune system and lymphatic drainage
- Pain relief for muscular and joint aches and pains. Also, relieves muscle weakness
- Soothing for respiratory infections
- Pregnancy: helps with varicose veins, circulatory and immune support, general fatigue, discomfort, and sweating.
- Minimizes oily skin and excessive sweating
- Helps to deal with fatigue, nervous exhaustion, and grief
- soothes feelings of nervous exhaustion and physical fatigue stemming from energetic overload.
- Supports the Throat chakra associated with expression and communication.
- Blends well with: Cedarwood, Cypress, Geranium, Ginger, Lavender, May Chang, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Peppermint, and Ylang Ylang.
- According to Tisserand & Young: Oral use is cautioned for individuals on diabetes medication or who are pregnant.
- Cautions (all routes): Drugs metabolized by CYP2B6 (Affentanil, Methadone, Propofol, Valproate, Bupropion, Cyclophosphamide, Tamoxifen, Nicotine, SM-12502)
- Cautions (dermal): Hypersensitive, diseased or damaging skin, children under 2 years of age.