- Botany: Similar to other citrus fruits, limes grow on trees and are green in color as are the leaves and is part of the Rutaceae botanical family.
- Scent Profile: Top note with a sweet, citrusy aroma that is fresh and invigorating
- Helpful for varicose veins
- Used for asthma, colds, and flu.
- Can be used to soothe skin inflammations or to bring life to dull skin
- Pregnancy: helps with varicose veins, colds, flu, and skin inflammations.
- Babies & Children: helps with skin support, respiratory ailments, and is uplifting, relieves anxiety, and clears the mind.
- Supports the Solar Plexus chakra associated with personal will, power, and mental ability.
- Blends well with: Angelica Root, Bergamot, Carrot Seed, Citronella, Clary Sage, Copaiba, Geranium, Ginger, Jade Lemon, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavandin, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Mandarin, Monarda, Neroli, Nutmeg, Orange, Palmarosa, Petitgrain, Rose, Rosemary, Spearmint, Tangerine, Vanilla, and Ylang Ylang.
Products Using Lime Essential Oil
- Lime is a citrus oil that when cold pressed is photo-toxic. Avoid sun exposure or tanning beds for 12 hours.
- Lime is very high in monoterpenes and may cause skin irritation on sensitive skin.