- Botany: Litsea cubeba is a tropical tree with flowers, small fruits, and leaves, which have a lemony aroma. It is also called May Chang, which is an evergreen tree and is part of the Lauraceae botanical family.
- Scent Profile: Top note with a sweet, lemony aroma
- Relieves muscle and joint stiffness, also used for arthritic conditions
- Has sedative qualities that make it ideal for insomnia, anxiety, mental exhaustion, and depression
- Supports healthy skin when acne or oily skin is present, also used for fungal infections
- Supports the Solar Plexus chakra associated with personal will, power, and mental ability.
- Blends well with: Black Pepper, Cistus, Cypress, Helichrysum, Lavandin, Mandarin, Marjoram, Melissa, Rose, Sandalwood, and Tangerine.
- Drug interaction; teratogenicity; skin allergy.
- Cautions (all routes): Drugs metabolized by CYP2B6.(Affentanil, Methadone, Propofol, Valproate, Bupropion, Cyclophosphamide, Tamoxifen, Nicotine, SM-12502)
- Cautions (oral): Diabetes medication, pregnancy.
- Cautions (dermal): Hypersensitive, diseased, damaged skin, children under 2 years old.