An herbaceous perfume type balm with essential oils chosen specifically for their mood elevation properties including: Cedarwood, Mandarin, Clary Sage, Myrrh, and Fragonia.
- 5% dilution ratio for 2 ounces of balm
- Mix Beeswax and Jojoba based on a 1:3 ratio.
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler and add jojoba. The oil will change consistency, but it will blend together nicely.
- It can be difficult to work with the beeswax/jojoba blend because you don't want it to be too hot and if it cools too much it will congeal. I suggested keeping it on the double boiler, but reducing the heat to simmer.
- Add the perfume balm base to the lotion tube or aluminum tin
- Add essential oils and still with a glass stirring rod
- Cool in refrigerator or freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply to wrists, neck, or chest areas.
- Jojoba Oil absorbs into your skin easily without leaving a greasy residue.
- Beeswax is used in DIY beauty products to help thicken lotions and creams because it is solid at room temperature. It helps aid cell regeneration and overall hydration of the skin.
- Cedarwood is used to benefit mental focus and clarity and to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Mandarin is uplifting yet calming and can provide support during difficult and stressful emotional times
- Clary Sage has sedative properties that can help relieve headaches, tension, and migraines
- Myrrh is soothing, calming, and centering for anxiety, depression, nervous tension, emotional trauma and heals the mind-body-spirit connection
- Fragonia is uplifting for stress, anxiety, and depression and is balancing and restorative in recovering from emotional trauma.