Midnight Shea Soap
- Cut the shea butter soap base into small chunks so that it melts faster
- Melt the shea butter soap base in a double boiler
- Once the soap is melted add the other oils and remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Pour blend into a glass bowl and add essential oils, fragrance oils, and soap dye and blend well
- Place the silicone mold on a cookie sheet and spray with rubbing alcohol. Pour the blend into the silicone molds, it typically makes about 5-6 bars. You can spray it again if bubbles occur in the shampoo bars
- Put the mold in the refrigerator or freezer for 15 minutes and then remove and allow to solidify before use
- To use: lather soap bar on the skin in the bath or shower and rinse
- Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base is a white soap base with added shea butter. It gives soap a creamy lather while moisturizing and softening the skin. It contains Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitan oleate, Oat Protein, and Titanium Dioxide.
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil is rich in Vitamins A & E, anti-oxidants, omega 3 & 6, all of which protects the skin, improves elasticity, and reduces signs of ageing. It is also excellent for use on sunburn, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, dry skin, and skin lesions.
- Pomegranate Seed Oil is a source of conjugated linoleic acid (punicic acid) which is an Omega 5 fatty acid, a potent antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and anticarcinogenic properties. It also promotes regeneration of the epidermis.
- Cranberry Seed Oil contains high levels of Vitamin E and fatty acids, Omega-6 and Omega-3, which makes it extremely healing, moisturizing, and beneficial to the skin and hair. It also contains antioxidants, including phenolic compounds and tocopherols, giving it anti-inflammatory and skin protecting properties and is used for rashes, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Jojoba Oil is ideal for both oily and mature skin. It can be used to remove makeup while acting as a moisturizer. It also can be used on your nails to improve strength and overall growth and on hair to soften hair follicles and to reduce split ends. It absorbs into your skin easily without leaving a greasy residue. Jojoba is used for acne because it can dissolve clogged pores and support the skins natural pH balance. It has natural anti-inflammatory properties making it helpful for skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and inflamed skin.
- Vitamin E Oil nourishes the skin, treats stretch marks, lightens blemishes and scars, and has anti-aging properties to it.Vitamin E Oil also acts as a moisturizer and can reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.It can also be used as a cleaning agent.
- Midnight Waters Fragrance Oil has a fresh aroma including bergamot, orange, cassis, deep sea water, hyacinth, blue lilies, lemon zest, patchouli, and seaweed.
- Sacred Sandalwood soothes cracked and inflamed skin conditions and benefits mature and dry skin.
- Vanilla is high in antioxidants have anti-aging skin benefits that soothe wrinkles, heal damaged skin, and reduce inflammation.
- Cedarwood is beneficial for oily skin and normal hair and dry hair. It also aids in hair growth or regrowth.