Mint Hot Cocoa Shampoo Bars
Shampoo bars are an amazing alternative to regular shampoo, just massage into the scalp, lather and rinse. Perfect for the winter holiday season combining the fragrance of Dark Rich Chocolate Fragrance Oil with Peppermint and Spearmint Essential Oils. The aroma is reminiscent of a hot cup of mint hot cocoa.
- Melt the soap base and shimmer color block in a double boiler
- Once the soap is melted add the castor oil and sweet almond oil, and be sure to add the shea butter last since it is particularly sensitive to heat
- Pour blend into a glass bowl and add essential oils blend well
- Place the silicone mold on a cookie sheet and spray with isopropyl alcohol. Pour the blend into the silicone molds, it typically makes about 6 bars. You can spray it again if bubbles occur in the shampoo bars
- Put the mold in the refrigerator or freezer for 15 minutes and then remove and allow to solidify before use
- To use: lather soap bar on wet hair in the shower and rinse
- Goat's Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base has skin softening properties. It contains: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerin, Goat’s Milk, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitan oleate, Oat Protein, and Titanium Dioxide.
- Vitamin E Oil nourishes the skin, treats stretch marks, lightens blemishes and scars, and has anti-aging properties to it. It also acts as a moisturizer
- Castor Oil is an excellent emollient and can be used on irritated or sensitive skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil s a good emollient and it provides a plethora of hydrating benefits and also helps to restore the skins natural protective barrier. It is high in vitamins A and E which nourishes your skin and hair.
- Shea Butter is rich in vitamins A, E and F. Due to the vitamins and fatty acids it is very moisturizing for the skin -- especially if you suffer from dry skin.
- Dark Rich Chocolate Fragrance Oil has a traditional aroma of dark chocolate with hints of mocha and cocoa notes.
- Peppermint Essential Oil has a fresh minty aroma that is invigorating and refreshing.
- Spearmint Essential Oil has a sweet minty aroma that is soothing and balancing.