- Botany: Monarda or Bee Balm is an aromatic perennial with bright colored blossoms and aromatic foliage. It is part of the Lamiaceae botanical family.
- Other Common Names: Wild Bergamot, Bee Balm
- Scent Profile: Mid to top note with a sweet and lemony aroma
- Pain relief for muscular and joint aches, pains, and stiffness.
- Can help with the symptoms of nervousness and insomnia
- Helps relieve symptoms of respiratory ailments like sinusitis, rhinitis, and bronchitis
- Skin support for dry or mature skin including wrinkles
- Also used for wound healing and inflamed skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema
- Can soothe inflammation of the urinary tract
- Calms stress, anxiety, nervous exhaustion, and irritability
- helps with exhaustion due to heartache and associated emotional states.
- Supports the Heart chakra associated with love, relationships, transformation, and integration.
- Blends well with: Balsam Fir, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Clove, Cypress, Elemi, Eucalyptus radiata, Hyssop decumbens, Laurel, Lavandin, Lavender, Lemon Myrtle, May Chang, Neroli, Niaouli, Rosalina, Rosemary ct. verbenone, and Thyme ct. linalol or ct. geraniol.
- Low risk of skin sensitization