- Botany: Myrrh comes from a bush with knotted branches, and branchlets with sharp spines with scant leaves that are small and oval shaped. It is part of the Burseraceae botanical family.
- Scent Profile: Base note that is warm-spicy and balsamic in aroma.
- Soothes mouth and gum ailments
- Soothing to the respiratory system
- contains phytoestrogen and helps to regulate menstrual cycles and supports uterine health.
- Benefits the skin especially for mature and/or oily skin, inflamed skin conditions, cracked skin, and is applicable for wound healing
- Soothing, calming, and centering for anxiety, depression, nervous tension, emotional trauma
- grounding and purifying in order to heal the mind-body-spirit connection.
- Supports the Crown chakra associated with the higher states of consciousness.
- Blends well with: Black Pepper, Frankincense, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Neroli, Palo Santo, Rose, and Sandalwood.
- Myrrh may be fetotoxic due to b-elemene and furanodiene and should be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding.