Naked Viking Soap
This soap blend has a smoky, animalic fragrance with hints of wood and gourmand notes. This blend combines Kentucky Bourbon, Leather, Grass Stain, Fresh Dirt, Blood Cedar, and Firewood Fragrance Oils and Musk Fleuressence with Labdanum Absolute and Himalayan Cedarwood (Vintage), Frankincense Serrata, Sweet Orange, Nagarmotha, Greenland Moss, Black Pepper, and Cognac Essential Oils.
- Cut the soap base into small chunks so that it melts faster
- Melt the soap base in a double boiler
- Once the soap is melted add the other oils and remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Pour blend into a glass bowl and add essential oils, fragrance oils, and soap dye and blend well
- Place the silicone mold on a cookie sheet and spray with rubbing alcohol. Pour the blend into the silicone molds, it typically makes about 5-6 bars. You can spray it again if bubbles occur in the shampoo bars
- Put the mold in the refrigerator or freezer for 15 minutes and then remove and allow to solidify before use
- To use: lather soap bar on the skin in the bath or shower and rinse
- Suspending Melt and Pour Soap Base is a thick base great for use with natural seeds, oatmeal, or jojoba beads.
- Mango Kernel Butter is used for its skin softening, soothing, moisturizing, and protective properties and is ideal for all skin types.
- Apricot Kernel Oil is very gentle and is ideal for sensitive skin and safe for children, but is good for all skin types. It is also helpful for relieving inflammation, itchiness, and dry skin.
- Castor Oil s an excellent emollient and can be used on irritated skin.
- Vitamin E Oil moisturizes and nourishes the skin, treats stretch marks, lightens blemishes and scars, and has anti-aging properties to it. It can also be used as a cleaning agent.
- Cranberry Seeds act as a natural exfoliant in soaps.
- Kentucky Bourbon Fragrance Oil has a smokey, spicy bourbon aroma commingling orange, bergamot, clove, orchid, musk, leather, oak cask, and patchouli.
- Leather Fragrance Oil has a deep and musky leather jacket aroma with a splash of Lemon and Mandarin underscored by patchouli and frankincense.
- Grass Stain Fragrance Oil is fresh and clean and smells like freshly cut grass.
- Fresh Dirt Fragrance Oil is a terrestrial base note that smells like fresh earth.
- Blood Cedar Fragrance Oil is an arboraceous mid note with a deep smoky woodsy aroma.
- Firewood Fragrance Oil is an arboraceous mid note that smells exactly like sitting around a camp fire or fire pit.
- Musk Fleuressence is a synthetic version of the strong-smelling substance secreted by the male musk deer. It has mid notes that are musky and animalic with base notes of vanilla and iceberg.
- Himalayan Cedarwood (Vintage) Essential Oil is a base note with a deep, dry, and smoky woodsy aroma that is emotionally grounding.
- Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil is a base note with a woodsy, earthy aroma that is calming and centering.
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil is a refreshing and upifting citrus top note.
- Nagarmotha Essential Oil is a base note with a woodsy, earthy, peppery aroma that is calming and balancing.
- Greenland Moss Essential Oil is a relaxing mid note that has an earthy, herbaceous, medicinal, and woody aroma.
- Black Pepper Essential Oil is a pungent, spicy top note that is invigorating.
- Cognac Essential Oil is a base note with a green, fruity aroma.
- Labdanum Absolute is a base note with a deep, rich, sweet balsamic aroma.