- Botany: Oregano is a perennial plant that belongs to the Lamiaceae botanical family.
- Scent Profile: Mid note with an intense medicinal herbaceous aroma
- Used to treat sore throat, bronchitis, and colds (steam distillation or diffuser)
- Can also be used to help with ear infections
- Excellent relief for upset stomachs and other digestive issues
- Reduces allergy symptoms and supports the immune system
- Soothes and treats inflamed skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and roseacea.
- Helps with toe nail fungal infections
- Pain relief for joint and muscle aches, pains, and inflammation
- Pregnancy: avoid all routes due to potential for embrotoxicity during pregnancy, but can help with mastitis and clogged milk ducts after birth.
- Regulates menstruation and helps with PMS and menopause symptoms
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Citronella, Cypress, Dill, Eucalyptus Citriodora, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, May Chang, Niaouli ct 1,8-Cineole, Orange, Petitgrain, Roman Chamomile, Rosemary ct cineole, Scots Pine, Tea Tree, and Thyme ct thymol.
- Avoid all routes during pregnancy and lactation due to potential for embrotoxicity.
- Oregano is high in phenols and can be toxic to cats. Read more about Essential Oils Toxicity for Cats.
- It is also a powerful skin irritant