- Botany: Patchouli oil is extracted through steam distillation of a low, bushy shrub native to tropical regions in Southeast Asia and is part of the Lamiaceae botanical family.
- Scent Profile: Base note that has a powerful, musky aroma.
- Supports the circulatory system
- Relieves menstrual cramps
- Boosts the sex drive due to aphrodisiac properties
- Pregnancy: helps with immune support, healthy circulation, abdominal cramping, and is grounding and centering.
- Babies & Children: benefits inflamed skin conditions and is emotionally grounding and balancing.
- Benefits mature skin and soothes irritated or inflamed skin conditions like eczema and acne
- Centering and grounding when feeling anxious or depressed
- harmonizing and centering relieving confusion and nervous energy.
- Supports the Throat chakra associated with expression and communication.
- Blends well with: Angelica Root, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Blood Orange, Blue Tansy, Cardamom, Cinnamon Leaf, Cistus, Clary Sage, Cypress, Elemi, Geranium, Ginger, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Mandarin, Orange, Rose, Spikenard, Tangerine, and Valerian.
- Oral use of patchouli is cautioned for those on anticoagulant medication, before major surgery, or who have peptic ulcer, hemophilia, and other bleeding disorders because it may inhibit blood clotting