- Peppermint oil should not be applied to the facial region or near the nose of infant or small children due to risk of spasm and respiratory arrest.
- Avoid undiluted application to open wounds and sensitive skin.
Peppermint is a potent essential oil and reactions range from mildly heating or cooling to burning.
- Caution when using internally for individuals who have Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- It is safe to use during the pregnancy, but it can decrease milk supply if you are nursing and should not be used on or near the face of babies and young children.
- Contraindications via all methods of application: Cardiac fibrillation and G6PD deficiency.