Petitgrain Essential Oil
Petitgrain comes from the leaves of the Bitter Orange tree
- Circulatory: regulates the circulatory system
- Digestive: soothes stress-related digestive issues
- Nervous System: emotionally uplifting from depression, anxiety, stress, and sleep related issues
- Skin: soothes inflamed skin conditions and is also beneficial for both oily and dry skin
- Pregnancy: helps with heartburn, morning sickness, water retention, immune support, general discomfort, emotional balance, and sleep
- Babies & Children: supports the skin and healthy digestion while providing emotional support for stress and sadness
- Spiritual: supports the Throat Chakra associated with expression and communication
- Scent Profile: Mid note with a woody floral aroma
- Longevity: The aroma of Petitgrain can last up to 28 hours.
- Fragrance Classification: Green
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Cotton, Fern, Fougere Vert, Galbanum, Grapefruit, Lavandin, Lavender, Mandarin, Marjoram, Neroli, Rose, Sweet Orange, Violet Leaf
- No known issues
Products Using Petitgrain Essential Oil
- Arctander, Steffen. Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin. A Pathfinder Book Reprint Edition, 2017.
- Clark, Demetria. Aromatherapy and Herbs for Pregnancy, Birth and Breastfeeding. Book Publishing Company, 2015.
- “Flavor, Fragrance, Food and Cosmetics Ingredients Information.” The Good Scents Company, The Good Scents Company (TGSC), 2019, www.thegoodscentscompany.com/.
- International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists. “PREGNANCY GUIDELINES Guidelines for Aromatherapists Working with Pregnant Clients.” International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists , IFPA, 2013, www.ifparoma.org.
- National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy. “Other Safety Considerations: Pregnancy.” National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, naha.org/explore-aromatherapy/safety#other.
- Shutes, Jade and New York Institute of Aromatic Studies. "Foundations of Aromatherapy" and "Aromatic Scholars" Aromatherapy Certification Programs and Course Materials. 2017-2019.
- Tiran, Denise. Aromatherapy in Midwifery Practice. Singing Dragon an Imprint of Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2016.
- Tiran, Denise. “Is It Safe to Use Essential Oils While I'm Pregnant?” BabyCentre UK, BabyCentre Blog, July 2013, www.babycentre.co.uk/x536449/is-it-safe-to-use-essential-oils-while-im-pregnant.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed., Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014.