Pumpkin Spice Shampoo Bars
Shampoo bars are all the rage these days - just massage into the scalp, lather and rinse. Perfect for the autumnal season combining the fragrance of warm pumpkin pie with the benefits of Rosemary, Cedarwood, and Mandarin for hair health.
- Cut the goat's milk soap into small chunks so that it melts faster
- Melt the soap base in a double boiler
- Once the soap is melted add the hemp seed oil and argan oil, and be sure to add the shea butter last since it is particularly sensitive to heat
- Pour blend into a glass bowl and add essential oils and soap dye and blend well
- Place the silicone mold on a cookie sheet and spray with rubbing alcohol. Pour the blend into the silicone molds, it typically makes about 6 bars. You can spray it again if bubbles occur in the shampoo bars
- Put the mold in the refrigerator or freezer for 15 minutes and then remove and allow to solidify before use
- To use: lather soap bar on wet hair in the shower and rinse
- Goat's Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base has skin softening properties. It contains: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerin, Goat’s Milk, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitan oleate, Oat Protein, and Titanium Dioxide.
- Vitamin E Oil nourishes the skin, treats stretch marks, lightens blemishes and scars, and has anti-aging properties to it. It also acts as a moisturizer
- Castor Oil is an excellent emollient and can be used on irritated or sensitive skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil s a good emollient and it provides a plethora of hydrating benefits and also helps to restore the skins natural protective barrier. It is high in vitamins A and E which nourishes your skin and hair.
- Shea Butter is rich in vitamins A, E and F. Due to the vitamins and fatty acids it is very moisturizing for the skin -- especially if you suffer from dry skin.
- Pumpkin Spice Fragrance Oil is the fragrance for the autumn season with notes of cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg.
- Rosemary ct verbenone regenerates skin and hair cells promoting growth and overall health for the scalp and hair.
- Cedarwood benefits the hair and promotes growth.
- Mandarin is used for oily skin and hair.