- Advanced Aromatherapy: The Science of Essential Oil Therapy by Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D.
- Aromatic Medicine: Integrating Essential Oils Into Herbal Practice By: Patrice de Bonneval and Cathy Skipper
- Aromatherapeutic Blending: Essential Oils in Synergy by Jennifer Peace Rhind
- Aromatherapy: An A-Z by Patricia Davis
- Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindy Green
- Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit: Restoring Emotional and Mental Balance with Essential Oils by Gabriel Mojay
- Aromatherapy and Herbs for Pregnancy, Birth and Breastfeeding by Demetria Clark
- The Art of Aromatherapy: The Healing and Beautifying Properties of the Essential Oils of Flowers and Herbs by Robert Tisserand
- Blackthorn's Botanical Magic: The Green Witch’s Guide to Essential Oils for Spellcraft, Ritual & Healing by Amy Blackthorn
- Aromatherapy in Midwifery Practice by Denise Tiran, RGN, RM,ADM, MTD, PGCEA
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Worwood
- Essential Oils and Aromatics: A Step-by-Step Guide for Use in Massage and Aromatherapy by Marge Clark
- Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals by Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young
- Essential Oils: A Handbook for Aromatherapy Practice by Jennifer Peace Peace Rhind
- Fragrance and Wellbeing by Jennifer Peace Rhind
- Harvest to Hydrosol by Ann Harmon
- The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils: The Science of Advanced Aromatherapy by Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D.
- The Heart of Aromatherapy: An Easy-to-Use Guide for Essential Oils by Andrea Butje
- Listening to Scent: An Olfactory Journey with Aromatic Plants and Their Extracts by Jennifer Peace Peace Rhind
- Medical Aromatherapy: Healing with Essential Oils by Kurt Schnaubelt
- Plant Powered Beauty: The Essential Guide to Using Natural Ingredients for Health, Wellness, and Personal Skincare by Amy Galper
- Soap Crafting: Step-by-Step Techniques for Making 31 Unique Cold-Process Soaps by Anne-Marie Faiola
- Firmenich is the largest privately-owned company in the perfume and flavor business. Swiss and family owned, we have created many of the world’s favorite perfumes for over 100 years and produced a number of the most well known flavors we enjoy each day.
- Fragrance Wheel holds the key to your fragrance likes and dislikes. It lets you see at a glance the relationship between the 14 different families.
- Fragrant Alchemy creating scent rituals by Karen Gilbert
- Givaudan is the world’s leading flavour and fragrances company, we unveil the tastes and scents that suit you best, and that you love most. We bring them to you every day, everywhere in every way. Stirring emotions, awakening memories, enhancing your senses. Expanding your taste and scent experiences, enriching your world.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?” That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique scents and tastes for fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, and well-loved foods and beverages.
- The Magical & Ritual Use of Perfumes by Iona Miller and Richard Alan Miller
- Perfume: The art and craft of fragrance by Karen Gilbert
- The Perfumed Court provides perfume samples and perfume decants are hand poured from the original bottle of perfume. The customer will not receive a licensed product in a licensed bottle. The customer, however, will receive the authentic, original perfume transferred to a glass vial or bottle. The Perfumed Court is not affiliated with the manufacturer of the perfume houses nor the perfume product in any manner.
- Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin by Steffen Arctander
- The Secret of Scent: Adventures in Perfume and the Science of Smell by Luca Turin
Herbalism & Incense Crafting
- Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine by Andrew Chevallier
- Healing Herbs Reference Database is part of a public education project created by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, and hosted by Truth Publishing. Its purpose is to educate and empower consumers with information they can use to prevent and even help reverse degenerative disease.
- Incense Crafting & Use of Magickal Scents by Karl F. Neal
- The Modern Herbal Dispensatory: A Medicine-Making Guide by Thomas Easley and Steven Horne
- The Sexual Herbal: Prescriptions for Enhancing Love and Passion by Brigitte Mars A.H.G.
- Aromagnosis Online School founded by Cathy Skipper and Florian Birkmayer MD focusing on the synthesis between aromatherapy and alchemy, which in C. G. Jung’s view is a model of personal evolution and soul growth.
- Aromahead Institute seeks to make the study and therapeutic use of essential oils widely accessible to casual learners and healing arts professionals around the globe through our state-of-the art online study program.
- Chestnut Academy of Herbal Medicine offers several online opportunities to learn, including the Herbal Medicine Making Course, the Foraging Course: Edible and Medicinal Wild Herbs, and the Herbal Immersion Program.
- Essential Oils University began as a testing organization founded by essential oil chemist Dr. Robert Pappas in 1998 as Applied Essential Oil Research. Today, EOU is a leading education reference site regarding the chemical breakdowns of essential oils, absolutes, CO2's and other aromatic materials.
- JennScents Holistic Aromatherapy Jennifer Pressimone is a holistic aromatherapist, herbalist, author, international educator and Teaching Diplomat of Spiritual PhytoEssencing. She owns JennScents, Inc. and JennScents Aromaversity, a holistic aromatherapy certification online program, both NAHA and NCBTMB approved.
- New York Institute of Aromatic Studies (formerly the School for Aromatic Studies) was founded because of how fascinated, inspired and moved we were by those discoveries in ourselves; that’s why our experience—and our curriculum—goes far beyond the chemistry of oils to include all the ways in which you experience aromatherapy, from aroma to memory, from emotion to energy.
- The Northwest School of Aromatic Medicine is a unique conduit through which the sacred teachings of aromatic plants come to life. Through ancient fragrant traditions, ritualistic perspectives, and medicinal aromatic plant wisdom from around the world, aromatherapists, incense crafters, and herbalists will learn to strengthen their foundational understanding and personal connection to aromatics and the plants themselves.
- Online Perfume School founded by Karen Gilbert offers online and in-person courses in perfuming.
- The School of Natural Skincare was founded by Cosmetic Formulator, Gail Francombe and Aromatherapist, Gareth Despres, the School of Natural Skincare is dedicated to helping you ditch chemical and synthetically laden products and instead have the knowledge and confidence to make your own beautiful, effective natural and organic skincare products for yourself and your customers.
- Tisserand Institute Study the basics of essential oils and essential oil safety with Robert Tisserand, a leading expert in the field of essential oils and aromatherapy for over 40 years.
- Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetics Guild is a trade association serving the handcrafted soap and cosmetic industry for artisan makers, established business making handcrafted soap and cosmetic products, vendors who provide products and services to the makers, and the general public as consumers of handcrafted soap and cosmetic products. They offer discounted insurance to the members as well.
- Indie Business Network provides entrepreneurial mentoring, coaching, and training services to creative entrepreneurs from all walks of life. They offer discounted insurance to the members as well.
- International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFP) is the worldwide centre for clinical excellence in all aspects of Aromatherapy, and our worldwide membership of trained professionals provides the IFPA with its knowledge and authority.
- International Fragrance Association (IFRA) Together with the industry's scientific centre RIFM (the Research Institute for Fragrance Materials), the IFRA team endeavors to make sure that the usage standards for fragrance materials are put into practice according to the available scientific recommendations and that member companies comply with those standards.
- National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) is devoted to the holistic integration and education of aromatherapy into a wide range of complementary healthcare practices. They offer scientific, empirical and current information about aromatherapy and essential oils to the public, practitioners, businesses, product designers, bloggers/writers, educators, healthcare professionals, and the media. NAHA is actively involved with promoting and elevating academic standards in aromatherapy education and practice standards for the profession. NAHA is also devoted to increasing the public's knowledge and understanding of aromatherapy and its safe and effective application in everyday life.
Tools & References
- Beauty & Bodywork Insurance provides general and product liability insurance industry. The company currently manages small business accounts and is properly licensed in all 50 states. Their policy is tailored to the needs of Massage Therapists, Estheticians, Cosmetologists, Nail Technicians, Aromatherapists and many more.
- Drops to Grams Conversion Tool a calculation tool that will convert drops of essential oils to approximate grams.
- Good Manufacturing Practices by Marie Gale
- The Good Scents Company is dedicated to providing information for the Flavor, Food and Fragrance Industry.
- INCI names (International Nomenclature Cosmetic Ingredient) are systematic names internationally recognized to identify cosmetic ingredients. They are developed by the International Nomenclature Committee (INC) and published by the Personal Care Products Council (PCPC)
- Preservative Calculator is a tool in which you can calculate how much preservatives to use in your products based on volume or weight.
- SageScript Institute is a Farm based Cosmetics Science company offering formulating, microbiology, private label, bulk bases and herbs and herb extracts to small cosmetics companies.
- Soap & Cosmetic Labeling by Marie Gale
Blogs & Websites
Retail & Suppliers
- Aromatics International sells essential oils, diffuser, carrier oils, hydrosols, and other supplies.
- Bioesse Technologies sells essential oil patches.
- Bramble Berry sells soap and cosmetic supplies as well as carrier oils, fragrance oils and essential oils.
- Bulk Apothecary sells a wide array of raw ingredients for soapmaking, aromatherapy, potpurri, candlemaking, and other professional crafts.
- Creating Perfumes sells denatured perfumers alcohol, essential oils, aroma chemicals, and synthetic blends.
- Eden Botanicals sells a wide array of essential oils including high end oils for perfuming from sample sizes to bulk quantities. They also sell hydrosols, carrier oils, and other specialty products.
- Eden's Garden sells essential oils, carrier oils, diffusers, kits, and bath and body products.
- Enfleurage sells essential oils, carrier oils, incense, supplies, and other products.
- The Herbiary sells herbs, essential oils, teas, remedies, personal care products, books and other supplies.
- Lotioncrafters sells a wide array of products for cosmetic and skincare formulations.
- Making Cosmetics sells wholesale cosmetic and skincare ingredients.
- Moo is a printing service website where you can design and order everything from business cards to logo stickers and more.
- Mountain Rose Herbs sells herbs, spices, essential oils, teas, packaging, carrier oils, personal care products, books and other supplies.
- Nature's Gift sells essential oils, carrier oils, kits, hydrosols, and accessories.
- Online Labels is a great resource for printing and designing your own labels to print at home or to have printed in bulk.
- Penn Herb Company sells herbs, teas, essential oils, remedies, and other products.
- Perfumers World sells perfuming supplies, aroma chemicals, synthetics, essential oils, and other perfuming supplies.
- Plant Therapy sells essential oils, body care products, hydrosols, carrier oils, diffusers and other products.
- StillPoint Aromatics sells essential oils, supplies, hydrosols, carrier oils, flower essences and other products.
- Vetiver Aromatics sells synthetic fragrance oils, essential oils, small quantities of perfumers alcohol and other perfuming bases and supplies.