Rogue Beauty Perfume Balm
- I use up to 15 drops of essential oils per tube, which would be a 1-2% dilution ratio per ounce of perfume balm
- Mix Beeswax and Jojoba based on a 1:3 ratio. For example: 1 oz of Beeswax to 3 oz of Jojoba -- this batch will fill 4 of the lotion tubes or aluminum tins.
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler and add jojoba. The oil will change consistency, but it will blend together nicely.
- It can be difficult to work with the beeswax/jojoba blend because you don't want it to be too hot and if it cools too much it will congeal. I suggested keeping it on the double boiler, but reducing the heat to simmer.
- Add the perfume balm base to the lotion tube or aluminum tin
- Add essential oils and still with a glass stirring rod
- Cool in refrigerator or freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply to wrists, neck, or chest areas.
- Vanilla has a calming, lush aroma that will melt away stress and evoke a sensual experience.
- Blood Orange helps relieve stress and invokes feelings of romance.
- Patchouli has a grounding and balancing effect on emotions
- Jojoba Oil absorbs into your skin easily without leaving a greasy residue.
- Beeswax is used in DIY beauty products to help thicken lotions and creams because it is solid at room temperature. It helps aid cell regeneration and overall hydration of the skin.