- Botany: Roman Chamomile is a low-growing plant with feathery leaves and large flowers and are steam distilled. It is part of the Asteraceae botanical family and is native to Southwest Europe and is grown in other parts of Europe, North Africa, and Southwest Asia.
- Other Common Names: English Chamomile
- Scent Profile: Mid to top note with a sweet, fruity herbaceous aroma reminiscent of apples.
- Soothes stress related digestive issues as well as other digestive ailments
- Relief from muscular tension, spasms, cramps, and inflammation.
- Particularly soothing for restless legs
- Soothing for stress, stress related conditions, headaches, and migraines.
- Relives symptoms of PMS
- Pregnancy: helps with heartburn, digestive relief, nausea, stretch marks, sleep and relaxation, headaches, clogged milk ducts, and general discomfort from cramps, inflammation, carpal tunnel, and tension.
- Babies & Children: can be used in place of Tea Tree for anti-inflammatory conditions. It also soothes pain, calms emotions, and is calming for sleep.
- Soothes irritated and inflamed skin conditions
- Calming for anxiety, stress, and intense emotional states
- calming and soothing helping to reduce the impact of racing thoughts in a restless mind.
- Supports the Heart chakra associated with love, relationships, transformation, and integration.
- Blends well with: Angelica Root, Cape Chamomile, Carrot Seed, Clary Sage, German Chamomile, Khella, Lavender, Mandarin, Marjoram, Melissa, Spikenard, Tangerine, Tumeric, and Ylang Ylang.
- None known. GRAS.