Song of Sofia Perfume Balm
Song of Sofia is one of the aromas from Restorative Aromatic's Perfume Balm product line. Each item is handcrafted using Beeswax and Jojoba oil as the base with an energetic blend of essential oils. This blend includes: Cedarwood, Rosewood, Sacred Sandalwood, Jade Lemon, and Benzoin.
- I use up to 15-20 drops of essential oils per tube, which would be a 1-2% dilution ratio per ounce of perfume balm
- Mix Beeswax and Jojoba based on a 1:3 ratio. For example: 1 oz of Beeswax to 3 oz of Jojoba
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler and add jojoba. The oil will change consistency, but it will blend together nicely.
- It can be difficult to work with the beeswax/jojoba blend because you don't want it to be too hot and if it cools too much it will congeal. I suggested keeping it on the double boiler, but reducing the heat to simmer.
- Add the perfume balm base to the lotion tube or aluminum tin
- Add essential oils and still with a glass stirring rod
- Cool in refrigerator or freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply to wrists, neck, or chest areas.
- Cedarwood benefits mental focus and clarity while easing stress and tension.
- Rosewood is essential in healing and balancing the mind-body-spirit connection.
- Benzoin has a vanilla-like aroma that soothes away stress and anxiety.
- Jade Lemon has an energizing aroma that promotes focus and relief from stress and fatigue.
- Sacred Sandalwood is grounding and centering providing emotional support.
- Jojoba Oil absorbs into your skin easily without leaving a greasy residue.
- Beeswax is used in DIY beauty products to help thicken lotions and creams because it is solid at room temperature. It helps aid cell regeneration and overall hydration of the skin.