Sore Muscle Rub Extra
- 52 drops at a 3% dilution ratio for a 2oz jar
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler and then add carrier oil like jojoba or an herbal infused oil like Lavender.
- Pour the mixture into the blender and add water and blend until it is the appropriate consistency.
- Add to glass jar
- Beeswax is amazing for the skin for so many reasons. It helps to create a barrier to seal in moisture while allowing the skin to breath. It is used in DIY beauty products to help thicken lotions and creams because it is solid at room temperature. It is high in Vitamin A, which helps aid cell regeneration and overall hydration of the skin.
- Herbal infused oils have extra therapeutic benefits as opposed to using a single carrier oil, but I would recommend using either Jojoba or Sweet Almond Oil as your base rather than Fractionated Coconut Oil or Grapeseed Oil.
- Peppermint helps relieve muscular stiffness, aches and pains, tightness, pain, and can reduce swelling and pain.
- Frankincense helps provide relief for swollen joints and muscular aches and pains.
- Helichrysum has anti-inflammatory properties and is indicated for joint pain.
- Copaiba helps to amplify the effects of other essential oils in a blend.
- Lemongrass helps relieve muscular aches and pains, tired and sore muscles, and joint pain.
- Wintergreen soothes sore muscles and joints, and is also used for pain relief.