Stress Relief Balm
A lovely perfume type balm with essential oils chosen specifically for their stress reduction properties including: Neroli, Mandarin, Vanilla, and Jasmine. The balm has a sweet citrus floral aroma underscored by the deep vanilla scent.
- I use up to 15-20 drops of essential oils per tin, which would be a 1-2% dilution ratio per ounce of perfume balm
- Mix Beeswax and Jojoba based on a 1:3 ratio.
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler and add jojoba. The oil will change consistency, but it will blend together nicely.
- It can be difficult to work with the beeswax/jojoba blend because you don't want it to be too hot and if it cools too much it will congeal. I suggested keeping it on the double boiler, but reducing the heat to simmer.
- Add the perfume balm base to the lotion tube or aluminum tin
- Add essential oils and still with a glass stirring rod
- Cool in refrigerator or freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply to wrists, neck, or chest areas.
- Jojoba Oil absorbs into your skin easily without leaving a greasy residue.
- Beeswax is used in DIY beauty products to help thicken lotions and creams because it is solid at room temperature. It helps aid cell regeneration and overall hydration of the skin.
- Neroli is particularly well-suited for stress and stress-related conditions
- Mandarin is uplifting yet calming and can provide support during difficult and stressful emotional times
- Vanilla has a calming, lush aroma that will melt away stress.
- Jasmine supports healthy emotional states of being relieving anxiety, depression, and nervous exhaustion and also combats fatigue and insomnia.