Stretch Mark Cream
- 27 drops for a 1% dilution ratio for a 4oz container
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler and then add carrier oil like jojoba or an herbal infused oil like Lavender.
- Pour the mixture into the blender and add water and blend until it is the appropriate consistency.
- Add to glass jar
- Use on affected areas at night before bed
- Beeswax is amazing for the skin for so many reasons. It helps to create a barrier to seal in moisture while allowing the skin to breath. It is used in DIY beauty products to help thicken lotions and creams because it is solid at room temperature. It is high in Vitamin A, which helps aid cell regeneration and overall hydration of the skin.
- Herbal infused oils have extra therapeutic benefits as opposed to using a single carrier oil, but I would recommend using either Jojoba or Sweet Almond Oil as your base rather than Fractionated Coconut Oil or Grapeseed Oil.
- Vitamin E Oil nourishes the skin, treats stretch marks, lightens blemishes and scars, and has anti-aging properties to it.Vitamin E Oil also acts as a moisturizer and can reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.It can also be used as a cleaning agent.
- Rosehip Oil is a fast-absorbing dry oil that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots, eye bags and fine lines by soaking into the skin easily and without leaving an oily residue. It helps to heal blemishes while restoring moisture to any rough patches on your skin. The fatty acid content also contributes to rosehips ability to diminish scars and other dark marks to promote the production of new cells. Rosehip oil is high in vitamins A and E which are good for your skin. It also has essential fatty acids that promote elastin and collagen production. It's often used in beauty products such as creams and balms for stretch marks, burns, wrinkles, eczema, and sunburn.
- Frankincense helps to maintain radiant skin. Its ability to smooth the look of healthy skin makes it a great addition to beauty and skin care products, especially ones of the anti-aging variety. It is is beneficial for all skin types, but should be avoided if you have sensitive skin.
- Grapefruit is a great addition to DIY skin care products from lotions to bath salts and is also beneficial for oily skin types.. Grapefruits cleanse and purify the body - both externally and internally.
- Geranium is beneficial for all skin types and is used in skincare and perfume products.