- Botany: Tea Tree is native to Australia and New Zealand and is part of the Myrtaceae botanical family. Tea Tree is one of the most widely used and extensively researched essential oils.
- Scent Profile: Mid to top note with a warm balsamic aroma.
- Digestive tract infections
- Oral care and infections
- Immune support
- Supports the respiratory system particular for colds, flu, and bronchitis.
- Also soothes ear infections
- Soothes inflamed, infected, and irritated skin conditions
- Pregnancy: is used to support the immune system, clogged milk ducts, hemorrhoids, and infections. Tea Tree is not to be used during labor.
- Babies & Children: helps with infections, respiratory support, and inflamed skin conditions.
- Supports the Throat chakra associated with expression and communication.
- Blends well with: Black Spruce, Blue Tansy, Cistus, Eucalyptus (all species), Green Myrtle, Lavender, Lemon, Manuka, Monarda, Pine, Ravintsara, Rosemary (all chemotypes), Saro, Spike Lavender, and Thyme (all chemotypes.)
- Tea Tree is high in terpinen-4-ol and eucalyptol and can be toxic to cats. Read more about Essential Oils Toxicity for Cats.