Tumeric C02 Extract
- Botany: Tumeric is a perennial plant with orange roots, green leaves, and dull yellow flowers. It is part of the Zingiberaceae botanical family.
- Scent Profile: Base note with a warm, spicy aroma.
- Relieves spasmodic digestive conditions
- Pain relief for musculoskeletal aches, pains, stiffness, and inflammation
- Reduces feelings of anxiety
- Pregnancy: can be used to boost energy, digestive support, and soothe general discomfort.
- Supports the Root chakra associated with security, survival, basic needs, grounding, and support.
- Blends well with: Clove, Coriander, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, and Vetiver.
- Potential for drug interaction with antidiabetic medication, because of cardiovascular effects.
Products Using Tumeric C02 Extract
- Arctander, Steffen. Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin. A Pathfinder Book Reprint Edition, 2017.
- Clark, Demetria. Aromatherapy and Herbs for Pregnancy, Birth and Breastfeeding. Book Publishing Company, 2015.
- “Flavor, Fragrance, Food and Cosmetics Ingredients Information.” The Good Scents Company, The Good Scents Company (TGSC), 2019, www.thegoodscentscompany.com/.
- International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists. “PREGNANCY GUIDELINES Guidelines for Aromatherapists Working with Pregnant Clients.” International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists , IFPA, 2013, www.ifparoma.org.
- National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy. “Other Safety Considerations: Pregnancy.” National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, naha.org/explore-aromatherapy/safety#other.
- Shutes, Jade and New York Institute of Aromatic Studies. "Foundations of Aromatherapy" and "Aromatic Scholars" Aromatherapy Certification Programs and Course Materials. 2017-2019.
- Tiran, Denise. Aromatherapy in Midwifery Practice. Singing Dragon an Imprint of Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2016.
- Tiran, Denise. “Is It Safe to Use Essential Oils While I'm Pregnant?” BabyCentre UK, BabyCentre Blog, July 2013, www.babycentre.co.uk/x536449/is-it-safe-to-use-essential-oils-while-im-pregnant.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed., Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014.