Valerian Essential Oil
- Botany: Valerian is a perennial flowering plant,with heads pink or white flowers. It is part of the Valerianaceae botanical family.
- Scent Profile: Base note with a sweet woodsy and earthy aroma.
- Provides circulatory support
- Soothes stress related digestive upsets and nervous stomach issues
- Powerful sedative qualities to help calm periods of emotional distress and sleep issues
- Grounding for the emotions and psyche
- Supports the Root chakra associated with security, survival, basic needs, grounding, and support.
- Blends well with: Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Cistus, Clary Sage, Cypress, Lavender, Mandarin, Neroli, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Pine, Roman Chamomile, Spikenard, and Ylang Ylang.
- None known.
Products Using Valerian Essential Oil
- Arctander, Steffen. Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin. A Pathfinder Book Reprint Edition, 2017.
- “Flavor, Fragrance, Food and Cosmetics Ingredients Information.” The Good Scents Company, The Good Scents Company (TGSC), 2019, www.thegoodscentscompany.com/.
- Shutes, Jade and New York Institute of Aromatic Studies. "Foundations of Aromatherapy" and "Aromatic Scholars" Aromatherapy Certification Programs and Course Materials. 2017-2019.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed., Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014.