Verbena Essential Oil
- Botany: Wild Verbena is a perennial, deciduous shrub from South Africa. It has a strong lemon aroma, but it is not to be confused with Lemon Verbena (Aloysia citrodora.) It is part of the Verbenaceae botanical family.
- Other Common Names: Honey Verbena, Wild Verbena
- Scent Profile: Top note with an intense fruity aroma.
- Soothes digestive upsets and can benefit weight loss in some circumstances
- Relieves muscular aches, pains, and inflammation
- Calms stress, anxiety, and depression symptoms
- Reduces the impact and appearance of minor skin irritations, rashes, bites, strings, and bruises
- Respiratory support during seasonal ailments and chronic inflammations
- Blends well with: Angelica, Benzoin, Cedarwood, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Neroli, Palmarosa, Petitgrain, and Yarrow.
- May cause Photosensitivity in some.
Products Using Verbena Essential Oil
- Coming soon
- Arctander, Steffen. Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin. A Pathfinder Book Reprint Edition, 2017.
- “Flavor, Fragrance, Food and Cosmetics Ingredients Information.” The Good Scents Company, The Good Scents Company (TGSC), 2019, www.thegoodscentscompany.com/.
- Shutes, Jade and New York Institute of Aromatic Studies. "Foundations of Aromatherapy" and "Aromatic Scholars" Aromatherapy Certification Programs and Course Materials. 2017-2019.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed., Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014.