Whiskey & Leather Shampoo Bars
Shampoo bars are all the rage these days - just massage into the scalp, lather and rinse. This blend has a warm and inviting fragrance of Scotch Whiskey, Leather, Tobacco, and Firewood Fragrance Oil and Atlas and Himalayan Cedarwood essential oils will leave your hair feeling soft and smelling amazing.
- Cut the goat's milk soap into small chunks so that it melts faster
- Melt the soap base in a double boiler
- Once the soap is melted add the hemp seed oil and argan oil, and be sure to add the shea butter last since it is particularly sensitive to heat
- Pour blend into a glass bowl and add essential oils and soap dye and blend well
- Place the silicone mold on a cookie sheet and spray with rubbing alcohol. Pour the blend into the silicone molds, it typically makes about 6 bars. You can spray it again if bubbles occur in the shampoo bars
- Put the mold in the refrigerator or freezer for 15 minutes and then remove and allow to solidify before use
- To use: lather soap bar on wet hair in the shower and rinse
- Scotch Whisky Fragrance Oil is subtle and floral with jasmine, heliotrope, and bergamot. Balanced by vanilla bourbon, Scotch whisky, and cigar, and underscored by cedarwood and musk.
- Leather Fragrance Oil has a deep and musky leather jacket aroma with a splash of Lemon and Mandarin underscored by patchouli and frankincense.
- Tobacco Fragrance Oil is a terrestrial base note with a sweet herbaceous green aroma.
- Firewood Fragrance Oil is an arboraceous mid note that smells exactly like sitting around a camp fire or fire pit.
- Cedarwood Atlas is beneficial for oily skin and normal hair and dry hair. It also aids in hair growth or regrowth.
- Himalayan Cedarwood benefits oily skin and hair.
- Goat's Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base has skin softening properties. It contains: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerin, Goat’s Milk, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitan oleate, Oat Protein, and Titanium Dioxide.
- Castor Oil is an antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal carrier oil. It can be used on irritated skin and is an excellent emollient.
- Argan Oil has benefits range from being nourishing for your hair to repairing split ends and taming frizz. In addition to being an excellent carrier oil for your hair.
- Shea Butter is rich in vitamins A, E and F. Due to the vitamins and fatty acids it is very moisturizing for the skin -- especially if you suffer from dry skin.