White Sage Essential Oil
- Botany: White Sage is a large shrubby plant with velvety leaves and bluish-white flowers. It is part of the Lamiaceae botanical family.
- Other Common Names: Sacred Sage
- Scent Profile: Top to mid note with a camphoraceous, bitter-herbaceous aroma.
- Supports the respiratory system during times of infection or inflammation.
- Provides breathing space
- clarifying and cleansing when feeling mentally or emotionally fatigued.
- Clarifying, uplifting, and cleansing energetically for the psyche and emotions
- Blends well with: Eucalyptus, Green Myrtle, Laurel, Lavender, Niaouli, Rosemary (all chemotypes), and Peppermint.
- Avoid using during pregnancy.
- Essential oils high in 1,8 cineole can cause CNS and breathing problems in young children. Do not apply to or near the face of infants or children.
Products Using White Sage Essential Oil
- Arctander, Steffen. Perfume and Flavor Materials of Natural Origin. A Pathfinder Book Reprint Edition, 2017.
- “Flavor, Fragrance, Food and Cosmetics Ingredients Information.” The Good Scents Company, The Good Scents Company (TGSC), 2019, www.thegoodscentscompany.com/.
- Shutes, Jade and New York Institute of Aromatic Studies. "Foundations of Aromatherapy" and "Aromatic Scholars" Aromatherapy Certification Programs and Course Materials. 2017-2019.
- Tisserand, Robert, et al. Essential Oil Safety: a Guide for Health Care Professionals. 2nd ed., Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014.