- Botany: Wintergreen is an evergreen shrub that has green leaves and red berries. It is part of the Ericaceae botanical family.
- Scent Profile: Mid note with a fresh minty aroma.
- Pain relief for musculoskeletal aches, pains, tension, cramps, and inflammation
- Soothes headaches and migraines
- Promotes focus and is clarifying for the psyche
- Blends well with: Black Spruce, Eucalyptus, Laurel, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary ct. verbenone, Scots Pine, and Spearmint.
- Due to its methyl salicylate content and it should be avoided during pregnancy because it can disturb the development of the embryo or fetus in high doses.
- Wintergreen is high in methyl salicylate and can be toxic to cats. Read more about Essential Oils Toxicity for Cats.
- Contraindications (all routes): Anticoagulant medication, major surgery, hemophilia, other
bleeding disorders. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, children. People with salicylate sensitivity (often
applied in ADD/ADHD).
- Avoid oral use for Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).