Woodsy Stress Relief Balm
A woodsy perfume type balm with essential oils chosen specifically for their stress reduction properties including: Nagarmotha, Vetiver, Himalayan Cedarwood, Greenland Moss, and Rosewood.
- 2.5% dilution ratio of stress relief balm
- Mix Beeswax and Jojoba based on a 1:3 ratio.
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler and add jojoba. The oil will change consistency, but it will blend together nicely.
- It can be difficult to work with the beeswax/jojoba blend because you don't want it to be too hot and if it cools too much it will congeal. I suggested keeping it on the double boiler, but reducing the heat to simmer.
- Add the perfume balm base to the lotion tube or aluminum tin
- Add essential oils and still with a glass stirring rod
- Cool in refrigerator or freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply to wrists, neck, or chest areas.
- Jojoba Oil absorbs into your skin easily without leaving a greasy residue.
- Beeswax is used in DIY beauty products to help thicken lotions and creams because it is solid at room temperature. It helps aid cell regeneration and overall hydration of the skin.
- Nagarmotha Essential Oil is calming for the mind and body and balancing and grounding for meditative purposes.
- Vetiver Essential Oil has sedative qualities soothe nervous tension and promote healthy sleep. It is also Grounding, centering, and balancing for the emotions and psyche.
- Himalayan Cedarwood (Vintage) Essential Oil provides emotional grounding.
- Greenland Moss Essential Oil helps to relieve stress, anxiety, and headaches, while increasing focus and concentration.
- Rosewood Essential Oil is calming and deeply sedative during times of stress and depression and promotes emotional healing.