- Botany: Ylang Ylang is a perennial tropical aromatic tree native to Malaysia and Indonesia. It is also found it the Reunion Islands, Comoros, and Madagascar. It belongs to the Annonaceae botanical family. Ylang Ylang oil is extracted by steam distilling the flowers found on the tropical ylang ylang tree. Ylang Ylang is a fractional distillation with variations in types of Ylang Ylang - Extra, Complete and denoted by numerical values 1, 2, and 3 representing the fraction of the distillation.
- Scent Profile: Mid to base note with an exotic, sensual deep floral aroma.
- Supports the circulatory system during times of stress
- Soothes anxious feelings, stress, and being overwhelmed
- Powerful aphrodisiac, helps boost libido, helps with impotence.
- helps to increase progesterone production as well as testosterone production.
- Supports menstrual cycle and PMS symptom relief
- Pregnancy: helps with healthy circulation, depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Supports oily, combination, and mature skin. Also soothes the scalp
- Uplifting and euphoric when feeling stressed, depressed, and anxious
- Supports the Heart chakra associated with love, relationships, transformation, and integration.
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Cardamom, Cinnamon Leaf, Clary Sage, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Mandarin, Orange, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Spikenard, and Tangerine.
- Moderate risk of skin sensitization
- Avoid using on hypersensitive, diseased or damaged skin, and for children under 2 years old.